THE NOW BUILDING, OUTERNET LONDON
DataFRENER & REIFER
2018 – 2019
FRENER & REIFER
2017 – 2018
The building envelope for St. Giles Circus is being design-engineered, fabricated, and installed by FRENER & REIFER
St Giles Circus is set to be an internationally recognised destination for commerce, culture, creativity and inspiration, set in the heart of London. 18 of the approx. 10 m x 2.5 m facade elements are both pivoted and sliding. The openable facade provides extensive views of the internal interactive screens from onlookers outside the building. The elements are partially glazed, clad with stainless steel panels and have a titanium-coated surface.
Scope of work
- 18 automatically pivoting and sliding facade elements in 10 m x 2.5 m format clad with stainless steel panels and a titanium-coated surface
- 48 elements with a width of 1.30 m and a height of 6 m fixed in a 90° swivelled position
- More than 80 glass sliding elements in formats of max. 2 x 4 metres
- Variety of different facade types: stick system facades, metal rainscreen claddings, glazed curtain walling, glazed curtain walls, window elements, glass balustrades, glazed skylight...
Innovations / Challenges
- Automatically pivoted and sliding elements
- Exacting (just-in-time) logistics on a constrained city-centre site Variety of different facade types