IOC HEADQUARTERS, OLYMPIC HOUSE
Lake Geneva, CH
DataFRENER & REIFER
08.2016 - 08.2017
FRENER & REIFER
01 - 10.2018
FRENER & REIFER is responsible for the inclined and twisted three-storey bespoke double facade for the new IOC Headquarters.
Scope of work
FRENER & REIFER Design-Engineering, Fabrication and Installation:
- Three-storey bespoke double facade, with the interior and external facades each featuring 194 glass panels.
- Interior facade: 2,300 m² all-glass facade with silicone joints, consisting of approx. 582 glass sheets.
- Exterior facade: 3,100 m², inclined and twisted SGSS curtain wall in bespoke construction method and consisting of approx. 582 glass sheets.
- 24 aperture leafs for access to space between facades.
Innovations / Challenges
- 3D design of exterior facade.
- Every glass sheet is unique: rather than being curved, each one features a one-off angular deformation.
- Demanding high-precision exterior facade installation.
- Structural issue of very high wind loads due to building’s lakeside location had to be resolved.
Related links» 3xN
» olympic house