DEVONSHIRE HOUSE - 150 BISHOPSGATE
DataOverall Project Time:
09.2018 - 06.2019
FRENER & REIFER is responsible for the design-engineering, fabrication and installation of the glazed, barrel-shaped roof and other features of the Devonshire House project.
Devonshire House is a hotel and restaurant currently being refurbished according to architectural designs by PLP Architecture. The building is located at 150 Bishopsgate in central London.
Scope of workBarrel-Shaped Roof:
- 30 t steel load-bearing structure featuring approx. 317 differently sized, diamond-shaped aluminium elements with glass and sheet metal panel infills in anodised bronze colour.
- Visually matched with the barrel-shaped roof by the use of aluminium shingles
- Multiple window elements
- Four fully glazed entrance boxes
- Lift glazing
Innovations / Challenges
- Difficult to access inner-city building in the centre of a metropolis with millions of inhabitants
- Complex 3D design of barrel-shaped roof
- Very high fabrication demands due to very low tolerances