Berliner Bogen, Office Building
ArchitectBRT - Bothe Richter Teherani
Time 2000 – 2002
Scope of work
- 15,700 m2 parabolic, point-fixed glass envelope.
- Arched roof: length 140 m, width 70 m, height 36 m.
- 7 tip-up doors.
- Point-fixed north facade.
- Glazed pump house including steel framework and sun protection system.
- Floor glass suitable for pedestrians and cars.
Innovations / Challenges
- Fine-finish glass construction, point-fixed to telescopic steel girders over a half elliptical structure.
- Alpine-style assembly technique, without scaffolding.
- Hydraulically operated, point-fixed, tip-up glass doors, integrated into the glass skin.