LocationPitztal Glacier Tyrol,
ArchitectBaumschlager Hutter ZT
DataOverall Project Time:
Oct. 2011 – Sept. 2012
Scope of work
- Planning and execution of two spectacular mountain stations in the highest glacier skiing area in Austria at 2,800 m and 3,440 m.
- Form-giving steel construction and free-formed aluminium sheet cladding with large-surface elements and glass facades.
- Parametrically planned complete solution construction.
- Building envelope: valley station 1,250 m2, mountain station 1,620 m2.
Innovations / Challenges
- Very high altitude of site and extreme weather conditions prevailing.
- Complex envelope geometry.
- Hundreds of preformed steel and metal components, each one unique, had to be precision-designed, produced with pinpoint accuracy and assembled on site to the highest standards of perfection in a very restricted working area.
- Logistical challenge presented by delivery of material to mountain station site.
Related links» www.baumschlagerhutter.com
» detail.de-spektakuläre Lage
» die welt
» Radius 12/2011
» SPIEGEL ONLINE