The Dolder Grand, Luxury Hotel
ArchitectFoster + Partners
London, United Kingdom
Scope of work
- General contractor for metalwork and facade engineering services.
- A total of approx. 11,000 m2 diverse facade types for new and old buildings.
- Wooden windows.
- Large-area wood/aluminium sliding windows.
- Spa glass facade and glass roof.
- Undulating glass façade.
- Tower Top Suite façade.
- Ballroom glass facade, and glass roof element.
- Glazed main entrance with projecting steel sheet canopy.
- 3,000 m2 screen with forest motif design.
- Over 70 different door types.
- 1,400 lm glass parapet.
- 2,000+ sun protection/glare shield systems in various designs.
- Dolder station housing.
- East wing extension.
Innovations / Challenges
- High quality execution for 5 Star Hotel.
- Design and type diversity.
- Complex connection situations between new and old buildings.
- New development of listed timber profile.
- Ornamental screen in thick aluminium sheet.
Related links» www.thedoldergrand.com
AwardsNovember 2008 (UK): The European Hotel Design Awards Winner ”Architecture of the Year” – Conversion of an Existing Hotel Building”
January 2009 (UK): Wallpaper Design Winner in the ”Best New or Renovated Hotel” category Hotel Management International’s European Hospitality Awards: ‘Hotel of the Year’ – The Dolder Grand
Wallpaper Awards: Judge‘s Awards, Best New or Renovated Hotel - The Dolder Grand (see above) FX Interior Design Awards Best Hotel Project The Dolder Grand’s pool and spa
European Hotel Design Awards, Best Conversion of an Existing Hotel Building – The Dolder Grand