Pavilion 21 MINI Opera Space
DataOverall Project Time:
2009 – 2010
2.5 months (first setup)
Scope of work
General Contractor for planning and realization of concert pavilion for the Bavarian State Opera and main sponsor MINI (BMW Group).
- Work included structural steel for the entire hall structure.
- Sound-reflecting and sound-absorbing wall cladding e.g. exterior ground and anodized aluminium.
- Metal roofing.
- Bespoke door systems.
- Canopies, acoustic panels.
- Internal walls.
- External podium.
- Bar construction etc.
Innovations / Challenges
- Very short project lead time.
- Acoustic requirements of a fully-fledged concert hall.
- Easily erectable/dismountable prefabricated construction method for overseas transport.
- Special TÜV Süd static requirements e.g. the ”spikes” (up to 10 m in length) and 6 m canti levered entrance canopy.