BMW-Welt Facades-Service Buildings
DataOverall Project Time:
2005 – 2007
approx. 20 Months
Scope of work
- Design, workshop and installation planning, manufacturing and installation of 16,000 m2 facade cladding in inner and outer areas.
- 14,500 m2 in 3 mm stainless steel panels.
- Glass facades as 1,600 m2 mixed steel and aluminium transom / mullion construction.
- Glass parapets.
- Textile sun protection / glare shield systems.
- Smoke warning systems.
- Other glass and metalwork e.g. electrically actuated 1.5 m x 4.8 m maintenance louvres.
- Lift glazing, indoor glass sliding leaf 6 m x 3 m.
- Space-creating steel load-bearing structures and steel/aluminium substructures.
Innovations / Challenges
- Implementation planning and realisation of exceptional building geometry.
- Precision planity of approx. 9,000 smooth matt stainless steel sheets mounted on a form-giving steel substructure
- Sharp-edged sheets, laser-cut in extremely diverse formats.
- Diagonal joint pattern.
Related links» www.bmw-welt.com