Roof Construction, Hotel, Switzerland
DataOverall Project Time:
December 2011 – October 2012
approx. 4 Months
Scope of work
- Extraordinary, curved, diamond-shaped, glass roof construction.
- Welded stainless steel profiles and design glass.
- Highly demanding comfort, aesthetic and security standards.
Innovations / Challenges
- Rectangular glass roof with dimensions of 25.8 m x 9.6 m and approximately 10 cm higher in the middle than at the edges.
- Special stainless steel was used for the load-bearing structure - consisting of curved, intersecting hollow triangular profiles - for the roofing of this indoor swimming pool.
- Another special feature of the building is that in summer a 20 cm deep pool is created on the roof. In winter the roof is normally covered with snow.